Sunday, April 09, 2006

WaPo readers react

For those of you who don't have the patience, I just scrolled the comment section at the WaPo and found these gems on the Good Leak editorial. It looks like there's a handful of kids that use it as a chat room and a creative outlet. One guy kept posting forever under different pseudonyms. I think these two were the best.
Dear Fred,

Do you ever read our stuff? It's pretty good. All you have to do is flip over a few pages. We're pretty good writers, and more often than not we tend to base our information on supporting evidence given.
I realize that's a bit of a different world than the Op-Eds, but you really might want to take a look at our stuff sometime.
We'll keep you in mind the next time we write up a piece.
Posted by: Barton Gellman and Dafna Linzer | April 9, 2006 07:38 PM

*********************

Dear Fred,

You're doin' a heckuva job, Freddy!
Posted by: George W. Bush | April 9, 2006 07:41 PM
This guy broughtout a point I thought of after I posted in haste.
I hear McClellan is on the way out. Is Hiatt auditioning for his job? His fact-free editoral is quite a writing sample for the annals of partisan spinning.
Posted by: JoshA | April 9, 2006 07:46 PM
These two seem to be one post people with clever takes.
I'm sorry, I stumbled by this blog looking for a credible newspaper that people still take seriously. My mistake.

Can someone direct me to the Toledo Blade blog? Thanks.
Posted by: chris | April 9, 2006 08:25 PM

********************

future ideas for Washington Post editorials:

"The Good Preemptive War"
"The Good 350 Billion Dollar Deficit"
"The Good Four Trillion Dollar Debt"
"The Good Faith Based Science"
"The Good Global Warming"
"The Good Loss of a Major American City"
"The Good Torture"
Posted by: Bonnie | April 9, 2006 09:54 PM
I really liked that last one. There were quite a few more tempered criticims on the board including a few vows to cancel subscriptions. For myself, now that that outrage is wearing off, I'm just sad that the WaPo has fallen so far from objectivity.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger thehim said...

Wow, that's called piling on. I think it was inevitable that the internet would produce entities to rival papers like the Washington Post in terms of who is trusted to provide factual reporting, but it's amazing how fast it's happening. And how the clueless folks at the Post are making it happen quicker.

2:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sad to see how far the fourth estate has fallen.

9:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home