Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Morning reads

More from Rick Moran on "run at the mouth" bloggers. The guy is not above taking snarky shots at the left himself, but he is making a lot of sense on this thread.

More from the party that pledged to bring honor and integrity back to the government. As everyone is asking this morning -- don't these people know how to vet?

I don't know quite what to think of this. On the one hand enabling every resident to obtain health insurance is certainly a stop forward but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this part. "The bill, which resulted after months of wrangling between legislators and the governor, requires all Massachusetts residents to obtain health coverage by July 1, 2007." [emphasis mine] I get nervous when the government starts requiring by statute.

Whom Bushenomics benefits.
¶Among taxpayers with incomes greater than $10 million, the amount by which their investment tax bill was reduced averaged about $500,000 in 2003, and total tax savings, which included the two Bush tax cuts on compensation, nearly doubled, to slightly more than $1 million.

¶These taxpayers, whose average income was $26 million, paid about the same share of their income in income taxes as those making $200,000 to $500,000 because of the lowered rates on investment income.
And spare me the argument that these people "deserve" the cuts because they work so hard for the money. Bullshit. They made money on money. They didn't sweat for it. They called their bloody stockbroker.

No surprise here. Bush talks big on the importance of bringing democracy to the Middle East but doesn't put his money where his mouth is.

And finally, I'm woefully behind on my blog reading but I understand Stone Soup covered this bumper sticker case a while back. I'm glad to see the judge threw the case out, even though it doesn't compensate the victim of this bogus arrest for her time and aggravation. I'm not a litigious soul but I think she should now sue the stupid cop for false arrest.
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks for the update on the bumper sticker case. I wondered how that turned out and didn't see anything in the media.

Speaking of media, when you get a chance, check out my post, "Who are Louis Boven and Dick DeVos?" It will make you scratch your head and ask once again, What liberal media?

3:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home