Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Eventual healing

Sorry I disappeared yesterday. The family cookout ended up running long because we had enough people to play cards and I came home in a food coma from eating so much. Anyway, happy to report the shoulder seems to be healing itself. Staying off the computer is helping so I'm going to keep it low key for a few more days as I build up some strength in the arm again.

Cutting down on my computer time has also helped my perspective. I feel curiously detached from the frenzy over every little new development. Inexplicably peaceful about the future. Hope that lasts for a while. But still one does need to keep up on the news so here's a few links.

Thanks to WillendorfVenus for pointing me to Juan Cole's Righteous Labor Day rant.

DWT has a great post on our divisive society. Blame It On The Nature Of Hate Talk Radio And Pundit TV.

I saw this earlier in the week and thought it was a photoshop. Doug J says it's apparently real. Not clear to me what Beck is trying to convey here, other than he's on the verge of a meltdown batshit crazy.

Loved this tweet from TBogg. "Never read Marx & Alinsky & other commies in college. But I did study Thomas Sowell. Obviously I was influenced by this black man's subtext."

And it's been a while since my astrotweeps checked in. Astro_127 just got back to work and posts a photo of the 2 Russian Soyuz spacecraft docked to ISS. I never get tired of this stuff.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home