Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Feingold fails to advance

By Libby

This is so annoying. Feingold's amendment to cut off combat funding in Iraq after March 31, 2008 was defeated in the Senate today on a 29-67 vote. It's not surprising that no Republicans signed on -- guess Jim's elusive moderates are still hiding -- but there's no earthly justification for the 19 Democratic turncoats who failed to stand up for their constituents.

Talk Left has the list and I'm extraordinarily disappointed to see Webb, Tester and Levin on it. I had high hopes for Webb and Tester and I've supported Levin at the Detroit News blog for a long time. He can kiss my support goodbye now.

I know this is a process and I've read all the positives about how this going to help shape the debate but as far as I'm concerned a no vote was a complete betrayal of the trust the progressives put into these guys when we helped get them elected. It's damn insulting that they proffer posturing over principled position and except us to swallow it.

As far as I'm concerned any politician that thinks that making noise is an acceptable substitute for taking proactive steps to keep their campaign promises, has got to go.

[thanks to Central Sanity for the link]

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home