Monday, April 10, 2006

Boeing contribution benefits Smithsonian's new venture

Although I have to bite my tongue not to speculate on the amount of hungry people $15 million could feed, I have to admit I'm happy to see Boeing spend some of its ill gotten gains on a public project. Boeing will fund the Smithsonian's planned expansion of the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, the Virginia annex of the main museum on the National Mall. Boeing gets a building named itself for its largess.

Museums are good. Woe be it to a society that forgets its history. And as long the Smithsonian continues to offer free admission to the public, I have to think for a change, it's money well spent.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Woe be it to a society that forgets its history.

And woe be it to a society that doesn't learn from history.

8:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that Kathy.

11:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home