Saturday, January 03, 2009

17 more days

I watch this and I think, wow, he looks so young. But as I listen I want to believe he can pull it off. The baby face nothwithstanding, it feels like the grownups are in charge again.



The "American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan". How refreshing to have programs that deserve their name instead of some kind of Orwellian doublespeak for "screw you suckers."

Repairing the infrastructure. Better energy policy. Modernizing public schools instead of privatizing them into oblivion. Improving the medical system. Spreading tax relief around to everybody. It's good policy. I don't see how anyone could complain but somehow I'm sure there will be some who will. Namely talk show Republicans.*

(* Yes, Mark coined that phrase.)

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

On day minus, look for the barcode.
(It will be a sign from the Almighty Cod)

3:13:00 AM  
Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Oh my God! I was just as County Market and there were bar codes all over everything. Then I went to Walmart and saw barcodes on everything there also. Bar codes on my credit card to. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH! The AntiChrist is making things convenient. The good book says the road to hell is a convenient one.

9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL 8pus.

9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Truth, I've heard wearing a garlic necklace helps..... ;-}

9:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home