Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bush surges alone

I'm not a big believer in polls. I think they're too easily skewed by leading questions and often question the sampling methods, but USA posts new results that have been consistently reflected in earlier polling so I think it's worth mentioning that 61% of the respondents are against an escalation in Iraq.

Most interesting to me is that women are driving the negatives and staunch Republicans are the only thing keeping the numbers from going much higher in the negative zone, which leads me to believe that party loyalty is trumping common sense on that side of the fence. I only hope these results will embolden the Democrats to take some strong action to put the brakes on this ill-advised strategy. As I pointed out in this post, they do have some very good options to do so.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home