Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Klein is seriously wrong

This post really irritated me. The ever obnoxious Joe Klein admits the surge critics are right and then rips Krugman's column with the tired old canard about how serious the war supporters are and how unserious those of us who called it correctly from the beginning sound. He calls us ill-informed dilettantes and claims the oh so seriously wrong military geniuses who got us into this mess should be consulted and their weighed heavily before we post any criticisms. And in throws in the RNC talking point for good measure, saying "Liberals won't ever be trusted on national security until they start doing their homework." What a putz.

Avedon beat me to punch with the best response in comments.
I'm not sure what "serious" is supposed to mean, but since Joe Kline thinks that all the people who were right about the invasion were unserious, and the people who he thinks are serious have been wrong about everything, I think it's time we listen to the unserious people, because it would be really nice to do something right for a change. God knows we can't afford to keep being wrong.
I'm with Avedon. Give me more unserious thinkers. Being seriously wrong is not at all the same as being right.

UPDATE:Well Joe is just so pleased with himself and in the typical spirit of open debate found among war supporters, he says he got 24 stupid comments from the left. Not that he bothered to post mine. I left exactly what I said about after Avedon's comment. I repeat, what a self-important putz.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home