Monday, January 08, 2007

Danger real and imagined

Call me cynical but how really convenient when the news gets bad to have a couple of fake terrorism scares to derail the news cycle. And it doesn't inspire much confidence in our emergency preparedness when sprinkler parts set off the bomb detectors.

But more serious I think is the gas leak in NYC. I don't think its terrorism related. I suspect it's a result of an aging infrastructure but although the mayor assures Gotham City that all is safe, I'd be a little concerned. It's the time of year in that part of the world when the ground heaves and there's ancient debris buried on Manhattan Island

It's entirely possible some long forgotten pipeline is deteriorating and releasing gas. Not to mention the place is honeycombed with tunnels underneath. Heck, I'll bet there's places under that island where no human dares to go and any manner of ancient evil could be living and exuding toxic fumes...

Flights of fancy aside, I still have friends in New York and I can't help but remember the assurances of the government that all was well in the air after 9/11. Those turned out not to be true. I hope this incident passes soon without causing any real harm.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

That smell in NY, dry run for a false flag terror event to kick off a wider ME war? Funny how it coincides with dead bird stories from Idaho and Texas.

5:17:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Interesting timing for sure Nolo.

8:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home