Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Voting is open

The 2006 Weblog Awards *Sticky post - new content below*

The voting has started and as expected I'm in last place. I think I'm the only non-conservative blog on the list so it's unsurprising that mAssbackwards is kicking my butt. You can vote once a day until the 15th I think and I'm guessing the other blog's readers are doing the click thing.

I do want to thank the 7 28 184 people who voted for me already. I'm in a solid third now but I need a major boost to take this. It's easy to vote. You just click on the form here. I really want to win this one for Leftopia, so please help if you can.

Update: This submarine guy has an impartial voter's list. It's not that impartial. Most of these guys seem to know other, but it is kind of funny and it does confirm that I'm the only progressive blogger on the list. I'm kind of bummed I didn't get a photoshop in the post. I mean you would think the guy would have a shot of Helen Thomas in his archives. Thanks for the photoshop Bubblehead.

Update: I've been making light of the competition but let me recover my manners here for a moment and thank Wizbang for the honor of being named a finalist. As Elisson reminds me, it's a pretty big deal to make the cut when it was winnowed down from 4,500 to 450 nominations in 45 categories.

Update:Update: I wasn't voting in this category because I didn't know any of the blogs and didn't have time to check them out, but the lovely Liza, who has an stunningly sweet baby, showed up in comments and I'm endorsing her candidacy. Vote for Liza was Here.
Bookmark and Share

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got my vote. I'm sorry, but I have no babies for you to kiss today.

4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thank you my dear. I'll send you a kiss kiss instead...

9:06:00 PM  
Blogger Bubblehead said...

I'm working on putting together some stuff on you and the other candidates. For a progressive, I was thinking more one of the Bush twins, though...

1:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

The only progressive blogger? I think not.

5:03:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Bubblehead, if you go with the Bush twins, I want to be the good one please.

Jack, sorry, I'm working an ungodly schedule this week and won't have time to check out the competition until tomorrow. I took bubblehead's word that I was the only one.

9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

LS,

No big deal. I am an independent who crosses party lines on an issue by basis.

I have a bit of bug up my ass about labels. IMO, we spend too much labeling others. It is divisive and not productive.

12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Jack, it sounds like we're kindred souls. I'm not much for labels either. I did a post about it the one time I managed to guest post at Unity 08.

12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Jack's right -- labels often don't tell the whole story. Although I'm a Republican, I voted a pretty much straight Dem ticket in November and compared our local Republican's platform with the Underpants Gnome's business strategy.

1:54:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Well I guess it's like I always say. Outside of the political labels, we're all pretty much the same. We're just good people doing the best we can with what we have to work with.

2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Bubblehead said...

The Voters Guide is updated; I can never remember which one is which, Libby, but I think you're Barbara.

I appreciate your faith in humanity, Libby, but I'm not sure that I'm such a good person -- especially when it comes to campaigning for prestigious blog awards. I've got some new information about mAss Backwards that should change the dynamics of the race substantially.

3:30:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I can't wait to see the update Bubblehead, if I can focus my eyes after working 23 hours in the last two days.

I did check the vote and see you're kicking all our asses. I guess I have to mobilize my forces tomorrow if I expect to catch up.

4:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't been voting in your category, but when I learned that you were the only non-right-winger finalist, of course I had to vote for you.

And if you'd like to return the favor, I'm up in "Best of the Rest" (Liza Was Here) and am also campaigning for LesbianDad in the the neck-and-neck "Best New Blog" category, also against a surprising number of right-wingers.

4:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops. You aren't the only non-right-winger. Sorry Jack!

4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Liza, thanks for the vote and of course you've got mine and my endorsement for you and Lesbian Dad.

And thanks for the heads up. I haven't had time to check out the blogs and didn't realize how many lefties made the cut.

5:34:00 PM  
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Congratulations on your bold move into third. I hope your still considering my suggestion that you throw your support to me, to ensure mAss Backwards is defeated. After all, I've met with progressive heroes.

8:37:00 PM  
Blogger No Blood for Hubris said...

I'm with you!

10:22:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hubris. Thanks so much for the support.

Bubblehead, it's every man for himself. I haven't given up yet. I'm about to unleash my secret plan....

9:00:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

BTW, Bubblehead. I really have met with Jimmy and have a non-photoshop photo to prove it.

9:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know who shoud get a webbie award? Lindsey Lohan


and scarlett johansen. and dennis kucinich's wife who looks like Jessica Rabbit

5:34:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Kucinich got married? I don't know who those other two are.

6:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't know who lindsey lohan is?

7:21:00 PM  
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Libby -- My photo is also non-photoshopped; the last sub I was assigned to was the USS Jimmy Carter, and he and Rosalyn came and met with the crew.

7:56:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oops Bubblehead. I thought it looked real but it's hard to tell when you're being serious or when it's just snark.

8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I've heard her name Lester, but I don't keep up with celebrities. All those young trampy girls look the same to me. I wouldn't know if I fell over her.

8:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home