Monday, December 11, 2006

Obama's star shines in New Hampshire

Christmas isn't even here yet but the buzz on 08 is already almost deafening. The conventional insider wisdom is making odds on Hillary and McCain, with Obama and Romney as possible upset winners. Judging from Obama's rock star reception in New Hampshire, I'd say he has a good shot at it.

I'm not giving odds on the Republic Party, but I think giving either Hillary or Obama the nod would be a mistake for the Democrats. I don't think the general public is ready for either a woman or a black man as president.

If they asked me -- and they never do -- I'd tell the Dems to go with Webb and Tester. They're fresh, they aren't tainted by Congressional corruption and most importantly they project the kind of gravitas that would capture the general public's respect. The people want change and playing insider politics in 08 is a sure way for the Dems to make the midterm sweep a one hit wonder.
Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger The Heretik said...

The Republic Party. Ha.

11:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clark / Obama.

I don't think hillary will get the nomination. She's the democratic machine favorite and the last election was nothing if not a rebuke of the machine, republican and democrat

I like when I can't even type the letters i see on the word verification they're like "okay stupid here's an easier one"

12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Heretik, always so good to see you here. I've decided to start calling them the Republic Party since even the preznit calls the other side the Democrat Party.

Lester, I've been on the record for a long time thinking Hillary is the wrong candidate. No way she could win a general election. Clinton hate runs way too deep in the voters they need to swing in the south.

LOL on the word verify. Same thing happens to me. It sometimes takes me three tries to get the letters right. I hate the stupid feature but if I switch to Haloscan, I'll lose all my old comments.

4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey whig. Funny I was just thinking how the names of the parties have changed over the years. Republic Party is not quite insulting enough in my book, but I don't want to be more insulting than them either.

11:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Chuck Hagel got the nomination I would vote for him. He had a great editorial against the war the other day.


Alot of people like Al Gore but I just don't see it

1:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home