Tuesday, September 13, 2005

No news is good news

So I was MIA yesterday because I just spent the last 24 hours in a clinical evaluation unit at a major metro hospital on a false heart attack scare. They're big on testing in these places, but not so good on sleeping and feeding you edible food, so I'm just whipped and won't be back to blogging speed until tomorrow.

I was out of touch with the news for the whole time and was heartened to see the petition for Jabbor Gibson has picked up some steam. Reader Kate appropriately asks for information on where Jabbar might be jailed and suggests a letter campaign to the DA on the case.

Unfortunately, no one seems to have any concrete information on whether Jabbar has been actually charged. The only links I've been able to turn up in the last few days addressing this, are here and here, and seem to suggest that he has been arrested but details are certainly sketchy.

Contacting the DA in Houston is probably a good idea, but one I don't have the energy for today. In any event thanks to those readers from my blogs who signed the petition and I hope to find some definitive answer on Jabbar's status soon, but it won't be tonight. I need some sleep.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home