Monday, April 16, 2007

Grim Reaper lurks among us

By Libby

I was working all day and there was a huge power outage around here from this morning's windstorm so I'm just now getting the news. This Virginia massacre is pretty damn awful. I just blogged it at the Detroit News so I won't repeat my initial thoughts here except to say let this be a lesson to us to live every moment fully in the present because you never know when it will be your last.

Of the few posts I read, I thought Larry Johnson made a reallygood point. Consider as you wrestle with the shock and horror that for the average Iraqi, this would be a good day in terms of the number of deaths. They have had to deal with far worse nearly every day for the last four years.

Think about that and then watch these two different video clips at Americablog and Think Progress of Bush's speech today. Even as he was half-heartedly waving the flag of 9/11 again and delivering the same sorry rhetoric about chasing down terrorists there, so they don't come here to kill us, this senseless carnage was going on at that campus.

If there is a better (or worse) jutxaposition to illustrate the futility of his fearmongering platitudes, I don't want to see it. Even he looks tired of trying to sell the propaganda of false fear.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

I heard that his staff was arranging for him to go there and speechify before the bodies were even room temp. What shameless ambulance and ratings chasing filth. I hope they tell him to stay the hell away.

9:28:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That would be rather the height of hypocrisy considering he never attends war dead funerals and didn't acknowledge there were any war dead for the first three years.

10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home