Sunday, April 15, 2007

When co-bloggers clash

By Libby

The Impolitic has been my baby for two years now so I had some misgivings about taking on a co-parent when I invited Jim to move into my house. Knowing my luck with men, I figured it would only be a matter of time before we had a spat. Who knew it would be so soon?

Pete Abel checks into comments on Jim's post, Republicans=Incompetence, and objects to his title. I have to say I agree with Pete. In fact, I think Jim is off base on a couple of counts in that post. First off I very much think it's wrong to broadbrush the entire Republican party because of the malfeasance of its leaders. I find that as offensive as I do when I go to right wing blogs and read about all those damned Dimocrats, or Dhimmicrats, or Defeatocrats. I think that sort of labeling keeps us divided and prevents us from engaging in meaningful debate. It's depersonalizing and uncivil.

Secondly, I don't agree that all Republicans are incompetent. I certainly know many moderate Republicans, Pete among them, with whom I often disagree, but incompetent is not a word I would use to describe them. In fact, it's not a word I would use to describe Cheney. Smug, devious, evil - yes. But incompetent? No. The only true incompetent in this administration is Bush. Cheney knows exactly what's he's doing. He's grinning because he's screwing our country blind and getting away with it.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger Pete Abel said...

Spot on, Libby, as usual. Thanks.

9:03:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You're welcome Pete. I find when you drop the labels, we're all more alike than we think we are.

9:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Martin said...

Fine, it won't be the first time I slept on the couch in actuality but it will be the first time blogospherically.

10:28:00 PM  
Blogger lukery said...

libby - please forgive me for posting this here but I couldn't find any contact details for you.

I saw your recent reference to Sibel Edmonds and Hastert etc - Sibel has been calling on congress to re-open her case and hold open hearings (http://letsibeledmondsspeak.blogspot.com/) into the Hastert allegations (and everything else related to her case which is much, much bigger than Hastert). We are hoping to hear from Waxman this week whether he will meet his earlier promise to have hearings.

If you'd like some more info please contact me directly at my gmail acct (lukeryland@...) - I run a few sibel-related blogs and am regarded by sibel and others as being an 'expert' on her case.

12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Praguetwin said...

Great post Libby.

I feel the same way. The only thing I take issue with is your assement of Cheyney. I HOPE he is incompetent. It is frightening that he could be that evil.

6:11:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Jim - sigh, I always get invovled with men who make me crazy. :-}

Lukery - thanks for tracking me down. I'm working today but will catch with you on this. By the way, the email addy is on the side bar of the main page. I don't why it doesn't show up in the archived pages.

Praguetwin - I think he very practices planned incompetence. Everything he does ultimately benefits his business interests. Think about it. Why would he want the war to end really? He and his buddies have made a fortune on it.

8:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home