Monday, April 16, 2007

No No Johnny

This strikes me as an altogether a bad idea.
[W]hile answering a question from a viewer on the program YOUR SHOW about why he chose not to run, Kerry said he had decided it wasn't the right time.

"Could that change?" Kerry said. "It might. It may change over years. It may change over months. I can't tell you, but I've said very clearly I don't consider myself out of it forever."

I know Johnny has some supporters, enthusiatic ones even, but another Kerry run would be a disaster for the Democrats. There's simpy no way he could win the general. To begin with, he got a lot of anti-Bush votes in 04. He wouldn't have that boost again. Many of us weren't happy with the way he conducted his campaign or with his caving into the Swift boaters which empowered that smear machine. The staunch Bushies and the general anti-Democrats are still harping on his failure to produce his service records.

I voted him for him reluctantly in 04. I wouldn't vote for him in a primary and I think he has the same problem as Hillary. Too much old baggage. Either candidacy would only energize the hardcore GOP voters and it would repolarize the electorate at time when I see the tension somewhat moderating between the left and the right.

Pamela at Democratic Daily, is a supporter and says Kerry has grown since 04 and has a lot of new ideas. The trouble is fresh ideas aren't enough. We also need a candidate with a fresh face and whole lot less history.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

Jeebus. How much more rotten could the election processes be than to see Kerry do it all over again. If he entered the thing it would solidify the understanding for me that he's actually a mole for the skull and bones crowd.

9:57:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I hate to admit that crossed my mind when he made so many mistakes during the campaign. Sometimes it felt like he was trying to lose.

9:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home