Saturday, February 07, 2009

Hate mail

This one should actually go under the heading hateful mail and I'm posting it here while I decide what to do about it. This guy is a real jerk and long time critic of mine at DetNews. He's usually just stupid and sexist or racist but I'm thinking this one goes over the borderline into a threat, so I want to preserve it in case I need it. Hills Bill is responding to a different blogger here.

We-ell now Sush, we feel your pain. And just to show you there are no hard feelings, ex-Rep Knollenberg and I will let you in on a piece of some honest income. Nothing fishy

We have discovered a real mother LOAD! Currently every gun range in the country is running completely full- blasting away at targets. They are buying every gun in sight and ammunition is on backorder everywhere. Real stimulus.

And the gunners are going thru targets like sheitt thru a goose. There is a demand for real life looking targets and this is where you come in. Nah..kid - not you.

We are offering you a localized franchise to produce custom "targets" of unlikeable people. Ingenuity counts- we even see how you might feature a "target of the month", someone prominent- or someone who is just a blog pain in the arse, and the uglier, the better. Ugly sells.

Your fortune awaits- cookie!
That last graf is definitely about me. I think the guy is probably harmless but I'm seriously considering emailing the webmaster and complaining about it. They're supposed to moderate the comments and that one should not have been allowed through I think.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds like a good subject for domestic surveillance. Can't take too many chances with these terrorists.

8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

He's seriously creepy DLB.

10:30:00 PM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

Scary, not creepy. Worst still, there are probably more like him out there.

Hang in there, Libby, we are with you!!

12:54:00 AM  
Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
I had a problem with a freak like this. I did a little research and used it to stop him. There are laws against this sort of thing, Federal & State. Links are provided.

If you are identifiable or locatable in any way, you should do something about this. This rises above the level of flaming. It's terroristic threatening, and it could be a prelude to something worse.

If you have access to the logs on that site, he can be tracked. The webmaster should get on that right away. It's not enough to just ban him. He needs a visit from law enforcement, before he escalates.

The good news, nobody is anonymous on the Internet. The bad news, nobody is anonymous on the Internet.
.

5:02:00 AM  
Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Shoots! Sorry, that was the thread my stalker spammed. Here's the laws & links I used to stop him. My bad.
.

5:04:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey 8pus, thanks for the support.

You too Cosa, and for the links. I think I am going to talk to the webmaster about it. I do think he's harmless and while it wouldn't be impossible to find me, he's in Michigan and I'm not. I doubt if he would really try to shoot me or anything. Still that kind of violent ideation is disturbing a couple of levels.

9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I sympathize. I quit posting on Compuserve forums back in the day. Shortly after AOL ruined everything by introducing screen names, some Republican callin himself Bamadan2 threatened to strangle me and when I mentioned the felony involved in his statement, told us all he was a lawyer and that fools like me who thought the law protected them should be strangled. Compuserve refused to acknowledge my complaint.

But it shows their desperation as well as their dementia. I posted yesterday about Rupert Murdoch saying the "head count" had to be reduced at his media empire and another foaming at the mouth "conservative" accused me of ordering the execution of Limbaugh and said he was "investigating" me.

When cool weather allows me to wear a jacket, I carry a Beretta M92FS, but otherwise a Colt Mustang Pocketlite in .380. I prefer hollow points for the smaller weapon.

For what it's worth, I only see circular targets at the range.

10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Fogg, you're a bigger magnet for crazy people than me and I'm as strong as an electromagnet for nutcases.

Someday we'll have to get together and you can teach me how to use that Beretta. :)

11:26:00 AM  
Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Anonymity makes Rambos out of assholes Libby. Iwas called an ignorant asshole by a Congressman. Two legitimate candidates for Congress called me worse than that. But despite all the stuff I stirred up nobody ever actually came to see me. I did have two attempts to hack into my computor though. Keep your security settings high and keep doing what you're doing Libby.

11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Isn't it always the cars with blacked out windows? You're right -- most people live lives of quiet dementia, but when you can't see their faces. . .

Humans are my least favorite species.

1:07:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Truth. I operate on the premise that I've already been hacked and they're tracking me regularly. And where I live, ignorant asshole counts as a compliment. I've been called much worse.

Fogg, have I told you lately you're my hero?

1:14:00 PM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

Captain Fogg: Humans are my least favorite species.

That is why I wholeheartedly recommend "reverse evolution." In the Swash Zone, you can become the shark or barracuda you always wanted to be and raise yourself to a state of moral superiority over any human being. Captain Fogg teases me for my mixed metaphors, but secretly, he envies my sublime transformation.

6:17:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Hero? Really, I don't look good in a cape.

"I should have been a pair of ragged claws, Scuttling across the floors of silent seas"

9:10:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL you guys. 8pod, that reverse evolution thing sounds better every day.

Fogg, cape and tights are not mandatory. How about we give you an eyepatch and parrot instead?

12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Arrhh - already got those.

12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home