Friday, February 06, 2009

The Great Right Hope

So PJTV is on a mission to save the masses from the clutches of the evil librul media and a Plumber shall lead them. I've been hoping someone would find a way to direct link to their new and improved product so I could satisfy my curiousity without registering at the site, or worse yet, paying for the content. Finally, Dr. Steven Taylor posts a direct link to one of their recent offerings -- a three way panel discussion between Michelle Malkin, Joe the Whatever He Is Today and moderated by none other than the Instapundit himself.

I didn't make it all the way through. After the third cutaway to the stock footage of a clown car, I decided trimming my toenails would probably be a better use of my time. It was interesting in one way though. I've never heard Insty speak before. To be fair, I'm sure I would be a worse moderator than he is, but still, I'd advise him not to give up his day job.

In my own defense, I had already sat through a different clip of a PJTV's regular feature -- Just Joe, wherein Joe Whatever He Is Today, shared the tales of his search for journalistic relevance on Capitol Hill. This clip also offers the added temptation of watching Roger Simon anchor the segment and his attempts to steer his star correspondent into intelligible commentary at least raised a smile. It would appear Sarah Palin has been coaching Joe on syntax.

If you've got five minutes or so, you too can follow along as Joe recounts every step he took in the hallowed halls. Literally. The only thing missing from his commentary was a description of his bathroom break. Well that and any news of substance. When they called it Just Joe, they really meant it. It's just about what Joe thinks. Why read it in thirty seconds when you can watch Joe not quite able to look directly in the camera for five whole minutes while he convincingly ruffles the pages of his very own copy of a bill he clearly hasn't read? Fascinating stuff I tell you.

John Cole was the first to catch the three way clip but click over to his post for his definition of bipartisanship. Next time they revise the dictionary, they should surely use that one.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

This country is doomed and for no other reason that it cannot get over the infatuation with the wisdom of small minds.

10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think their audience of true believers is shrinking Fogg. I hope so at least. But there is that subset of dead enders that does make it seem we're doomed. We can only hope they'll be marginalized to the point where they can't do any more damage, someday.

1:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home