Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Quick links - DIY edition

I'm just not feeling it today. I'm still really tired from the dentist. I swear it takes me two days to recover from the aftereffects of novacaine and he had to use a lot yesterday. But I have a lot of links worth looking at to pass on, most of them picked up from Avedon, but some from other places. So go forth and read.

Mark Crispin Miller traces the many methods they used to steal the 04 election, shows how it relates to Palin and warns it could happen again. I agree.

Steve Benen does some fact checking on last night's debate.

This video report on trashouts is sad on a lot of levels. It's also horrifying in the sense that they're throwing away all these perfectly good consumer goods that could be donated to charities at least. I can't believe there's not a better way to do the trashouts. I also don't understand why the homeowners don't sell the stuff instead of just walking away from it. I mean, they could make enough money to buy another smaller house from the sales.

This is really interesting but I don't understand how it works. What say the techies? Is this laptop tracker a good idea?

This bit from the bailout debate in Congress didn't get enough attention. Who exactly told them martial law would be declared?

And finally, this high tech heckling is simply brilliant. I'd like to see more of this. [h/t Vicki]

Also lots of posts at Detroit News -- link below.

[graphic via PZ Myers]

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home