Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The trouble with trolls

You blog long enough and eventually you get trolls. My strategy has generally been to ignore them but over at the Swashzone, they treat dealing with the vile little creatures as a sport. Well except for (O)ct(O)pus, who usually employs my methodology, but decided to engage one that is well known here.
What tempted me to weaken my resolve and engage this troll? Seven years of botched wars with thousands dead and tens of thousands injured or maimed, our foreign policy in shambles, millions of jobs outsourced, ruinous trade deficits, defective imports flooding our markets, another energy shock due to years of neglect, a mismanaged economy, and a sovereign debt of staggering proportions ... everything the Bush/Cheney administration touched that has turned to failure. It was a moment of misplaced anger.

And what task has our ubiquitous troll, DD, assigned for himself? He is a self-appointed foot soldier for talking points in the ragtag infantry of a failed campaign speaking for a political party bereft of ideas and morality.
This particular troll stalked me for few months and vowed to discredit me across the entirety of the intertubes. He didn't get far with that, being that oddly, I seem to be well loved in Blogtopia and nobody was interested in his smears. I never tried to get revenge myself. Not that it wouldn't have been an easy task; it just never seemed to be worth the effort. Still I can't deny in taking a certain delight in seeing him suffer a taste of his own medicine.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

The Donald is just another one of countless examples of what outrageously pathological behavior is accepted as being within the normal range in our era.

I hope that some day this will be less so, but having just finished arguing with the freaky Floridians at the Palm Beach Post who insist that Obama is the most radical left candidate ever, that the Democrats are fully and solely responsible for unregulated Reaganomics and that Bill Ayers and he founded a radical left organization to promote Islamic revolution (the Annenberg Foundation)and other even more psychotic ideas, I doubt I will live to see more enlightened times.

In fact, if old Yah came around asking if he should destroy the planet if there were still ten good people, I'd advise him just to blow the place up anyway.

1:55:00 PM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

Lets see, ten good people? Hmm.

Well, there is Libby, Fogg, Squid, Maleeper, Blogging Dino, Repsac, Spocko, Lindsay ... one for each tentacle. Pheww!

3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Ah Fogg, maybe you should avoid the cretins for a while. They're noisy but they're not really a majority. I think there's more than ten good people left on this planet.

LOL Octopus. I'm honored to make your list.

6:05:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

OK, OK, I'll tell the man to lay of the hellfire until after the election at least. He's not easy to persuade, but he does owe me a favor or two.

10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. I love it when you make me laugh.

11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home