Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The new McCain campaign: smear and fear

It was a long day. I spent five hours at the dentist, counting driving time and a couple of short stops. Three solid hours in the chair. My dentist is so good, it wasn't horrible but it's still tiring. Anyway, guess I'll go peruse the news and see if I feel like blogging about something.

In the interim I blogged at DetNews this morning about the McCain campaign's latest desperate tactic, that being riling up the crowds to such a rage filled frenzy they're threatening reporters and calling for the murder of Obama, or maybe Ayers. I'm not sure it matters to them. The fans just want them some liberal blood -- literally.

We await the right wing A-list freakout about this sort of tribal savagery. I'm sure they'll get to it just as soon as they're done investigating Timothy McVeigh's conservative creds. Meanwhile, I got some funny fan mail from a couple of wingnut critics that rarely comment.
Libby, You're dumb
wtbaucom, Belleville, mi

Libby, you are so far off that I know why you can't find a real job. At least McCain and Palin have a job, whats your excuse. Why not crawl back under that northeastern rock that detnews.com found you skulking under.
Onnie Peppers, Olympia, WA
It makes me laugh to read what they say, but the reason they say it disturbs me. I don't really like to think about what must drive a person that they would get that angry about my having pointed out that it's barbaric to call for murder and it's irresponsible for McCain and Palin to be deliberately stirring up the basest instincts of their base.


[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I don't know if there is a name for the phenomenon, but dull people usually see the extremely intelligent as stupid. The Republicans have been taking advantage of that and pulling their sled with the ignorant, angry underclass for decades.

Nothing is new, only the anger is worse since they sense they are losing to the cro-magnons.

Still, only about 17% of the public seem to think McCain (my friends, I know how to fix this) won that debate. That's quite a bit fewer than those who think George is doing a good job.

I think their only hope now is that something horrible happens to Obama and I don't think for a minute that they aren't fanning the anger with that thought in mind. With the results of their gross mismanagement and their idiotic economic theories lit up in neon these days, they are frantic and hysterical.

10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

The stink of their desperation is palpable Fogg. The up side of the economic crisis is that hate doesn't sell so well when people are worried about how they're going to pay their bills.

The ranks of the angry deluded are shrinking I think but it does worry me that they'll get violent. Like a cornered animal, very dangerous.

11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I know several people who have lost everything this week. I can't imagine them voting for McCain, but none the less I keep hearing people way Obama will mess up the economy.

1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

They've convinced themselves it's all the Dems fault. It's all they've got left to cling to. I hope it brings them some comfort when they're standing next to me in the bread line.

3:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home