Friday, April 25, 2008

Joke of the Day

By Libby

I can't believe the day is almost gone. I'm obsessing about my impending surgery leaving me with facial freaking paralysis and couldn't fall asleep last night so I slept until noon and I've been engaging in comments over at Air America for the last couple of hours between my reading. One of my posts developed a healthy thread where an interesting conversation was going on. I would link to it but it's about to drop off the page. The guest post thingy doesn't seem to archive but in case it lives somewhere on the server, this link might work.

Anyway, I'm about to post a hearty rant at Newshoggers about Hillary, but I just ran across this joke at Jake Tapper's blog. I run hot and cold with Jake's stuff, but he's a roll today. I think this was a great catch.
On his Facebook page, the Democratic National Committee's director of research, Mike Gehrke, was shown "twittering" -- meaning he was sending a message to his friends through "Twitter" -- the following message:

"Mike is twittering: You know what you call someone who digs up dirt on John McCain? An archeologist."
Apparently it's from a Jay Leno monologue, but as an old person myself, it made me laugh. Hell, they'll be saying that about me soon enough and I'll still think it's funny.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home