Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's not that I didn't post

By Libby


It's just that I didn't post here. I haven't been able to focus today. I did a few posts at Newshoggers because of Air America gig, but I've been obsessing about my doctor's appointment tomorrow so they're all crap.

I hate going to the doctor. Especially when there's something really wrong with me. I'm not sure I want to find out what it is.

Meanwhile, I'm following the returns and I see Hillary won. And I also see the exit polls were wildly wrong. I'm told it's because they're unweighted. And they've been consistently wrong. WTF. What's weighting really except cooking the data to conform to the stated results? And when did they start becoming consistently wrong?

I'm not ready to post about it yet. I'm burned out tonight but I'm sitting here trying to remember when that started. I don't recall exit polls being so inaccurate until recently so I did some googling and I can't find anyone who can cite major discrepancies before the mid 90s. In fact I find earlier references praising or complaining even about their accuracy.

So I'm wondering if anyone else remembers exit polling being so far off in the 70s and 80s?
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home