Monday, March 03, 2008

We Are the Ones

By Libby

Obama supporter will.i.am, who produced the other popular video "Yes We Can," put out this new one yesterday. I think it's way better than the first.



I have links to more at Newshoggers and some musings about who's winning the YouTube wars. I think Obama is by the way. I've also been trying to put my finger on what exactly it is that makes Obama's videos so much better, outside of the obvious musicality of his name. It was made to be chanted. I think it's the tone, or the subtle messaging if you prefer.

When you watch an Obama video, even when it features tight shots of the candidate, the subject matter speaks of the people in the footage. When you watch a Clinton video, it seems to shout only Hillary. It's all about her. The real people in the footage seems like wooden props in comparison. Come to think of it, that could describe their campaign styles. Obama's whole campaign gives the impression of being about the people, while Clinton's leaves me with the feeling that it's all about Hillary and only Hillary.

And speaking of the candidate, here's her latest attack ad. I don't see how that one isn't going to backfire. Even if it works in the short term and helps her win something tomorrow, it will give the GOP ammunition later. I seem to recall a fair number of votes she's missed because she was too busy campaigning.

You know, one of the droids at The Corner posted a theory that Hillary secretly wants to destroy the Democratic Party. Watching this campaign unfold, I have to admit that I sometimes wonder about that myself.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home