Sunday, March 02, 2008

I'm just a dumb chick and proud of it

By Libby

I believe the title of this post was probably the original headline for this ridiculous screed. The question isn't so much why Charlotte Allen would write the latest chapter what appears to be an ongoing series among talentless hacks -- Why can't we gals just accept that we're inferior and learn to love happy homemaking? I suppose there's money to made in the genre.

The real question is why on earth would the WaPo publish it on page B01? I hear they're worried about losing women readers. Since women are too dumb, maybe they can find a man to explain the possible nexus.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

Cogent article. Make me some coffee :)

12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Nolo. Now THAT was funny.

1:04:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"It has to do with the aggressive male nature and an instinctive fear of danger from other aggressive men"

Huh? I don't even have blinds on my windows. Her husband sounds like a nut job to me. It's guys like that who are the reason I carry a gun - not that I'm afraid of him.

Ok, so I don't understand female group psychology - Frank Sinatra used to be drowned out by screaming women fer chrissake, but who really understands human nature in the first place. Men paint themselves blue and howl like baboons at millionaires beating hell out of each other. Who wants to be part of this tribe of idiots regardless of gender? As soon as they start offering species change operations, I'm doing it.

Anyway, making gross, sweeping generalizations from her own bizarre experiences seems to be her thing, but as I always say, generalizations are always wrong - generally speaking.

2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I would love to think she was trying to do satire Fogg, but apparently she's making a living writing tripe like that.

4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

This is a country that reads at a 6th grade level and believes in magic.

Moby Dick was a bomb - the Left Behind series made millions. Goerge is President - nothing makes sense.

5:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home