Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ungodly acts in the name of Jesus

By Libby

That the military has installed a quasi-Christian recruiting program under the Bush administration is well known but this interview at My Left Wing documents a particularly egregious instance of blatant anti-Semitism at the Iowa VA facility that unconsciousably impacted a Navy veteran's health care. Here's just one small incident out of many.
So I had come in with the pain and they had treated me with pain medication, but my prescription was running out, so the day after this meeting with my rabbi and I, the very next morning I had a follow-up appointment with my primary care physician about my kidney pain and the fact that my pain prescription was running out. And he, from the outset, just seemed hostile. And kept arguing that he didn’t believe that my kidney stones could be causing the pain that I was alleging, and kept insisting that he wasn’t going to provide me with any more pain medication. And finally, after this 5, 10 minute argument back and forth, finally he sort of scooted his chair next to mine, put his hand on my knee, and said very condescendingly to me, you’re a religious Jew, why don’t you try prayer meditation?
It gets worse. The doctor coerced Mr. Miller into signing a contract preventing him from seeking outside medical help for his severe and chronic pain and has forced him to take an extraordinarily dangerous medication that renders him a virtual zombie. One can only surmise, as Miller does, that the purpose of this regime is to render him unable to effectively defend his faith and pursue complaints about his mistreatment.

Miller's treatment not only violates the Hippocratic oath, it's against the law and having exhausted all other remedies, he's now undertaking legal action. One hopes he's successful and that the perpetrators of this inhumane and illegal vendetta against him are held accountable.

[h/t Jules Siegel]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I wish kidney stones on that doctor. I had a bout of them about 7 years ago and the pain is unimaginable and unrelenting.

5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Amen to that Fogg. This story had so mad I was spitting nails.

7:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home