Saturday, May 19, 2007

McCain drops F-bomb

By Libby

Tempers are flaring on Capitol Hill over the immigration bill which led to heated exchange between McCain and Cornyn.
At a bipartisan gathering in an ornate meeting room just off the Senate floor, McCain complained that Cornyn was raising petty objections to a compromise plan being worked out between Senate Republicans and Democrats and the White House. He used a curse word associated with chickens and accused Cornyn of raising the issue just to torpedo a deal.

Things got really heated when Cornyn accused McCain of being too busy campaigning for president to take part in the negotiations, which have gone on for months behind closed doors. "Wait a second here," Cornyn said to McCain. "I've been sitting in here for all of these negotiations and you just parachute in here on the last day. You're out of line."
Cornyn is a scumbag of the first order, but I kind of don't blame him for calling McCain out on his fly-by appearances inside the Beltway. We're paying McCain to legislate and he should be earning his salary by showing up at work. If he can't fit in campaigning on his own time, he should quit the Senate. But neither do I think it's so awful for McCain to have told him to fuck off. The old F-bomb was made for just such confrontations.

My main interest in this story was what this "a curse word associated with chickens" might be. I used to be prone to salty language myself but I've toned down considerably now that I'm so often in close contact with small children and I couldn't figure it out. My first thought was chickenshit but I think Shakes probably has it nailed. Damn, if they had said a word associated with roosters, I may have figured it out without her help.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home