Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Welcome aboard Lee Iacocca

Libby Spencer

I never thought in a million years, I would be inspired by former Chrysler CEO Lee Iacocca. I mean, Lee is the kind of rabid Republican that hangs with Reagan, Bush and the sleazy Amway heir Dick DeVos. However, Steve Benen posts a review of Iacocca's new book that has me actually liking the guy. In fact, Lee gets quote of the day with this excerpt.
Stay the course? You’ve got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I’ll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out!
It just gets better from there. Try this one out.
I’ll go a step further. You can’t call yourself a patriot if you’re not outraged…. Why are we in this mess? How did we end up with this crowd in Washington? Well, we voted for them — or at least some of us did. But I’ll tell you what we didn’t do. We didn’t agree to suspend the Constitution. We didn’t agree to stop asking questions or demanding answers. Some of us are sick and tired of people who call free speech treason. Where I come from that’s a dictatorship, not a democracy.
It's a shame it took Lee so long to board the reality-based bus, but as far as I'm concerned, with this kind of talk, he's a welcome addition to the passenger list. Read the rest for yourself at The Carpetbagger Report.

[cross-posted to The Reaction]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's my kind of guy! Yeah, Lee, let's throw the bums out! All of them!

12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL. I predicted this movement some time ago. I've been saying it for a while.

1:59:00 AM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

I liked one comment about his rant - "GET THIS GUY A BLOG!"

3:27:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Indeed Nolo. He would be assured of instant traffic and I would love to see that kind of talk disseminated widely.

wv: xtoslap

11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some "former rightwingers" have been exhibiting some sense for some time now. I'm not sure it's genuine. A. Sullivan comes to mind. He made several appearances on Real Time (Bill Maher on HBO). He was a rabid Bush supporter, and when the tide turned, yet the evidence stayed the same, he almost bursted into tears, claiming he was lyed to. Ride it like you stole it.

1:50:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I agree Romunov that you have to take the late jumpers with a grain of salt. It does feel like rats jumping off the sinking ship and not necessarily enlightment. But I'll take the converts any way we can get them.

2:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home