Thursday, April 19, 2007

Newsflash - Rove tells truth

Well Uncle Karl gets the quote of the day with this moment of candor.
In a question-and-answer period after his speech, Rove was asked whose idea it was to start a pre-emptive war in Iraq.

``I think it was Osama bin Laden's,'' Rove replied.

I've been thinking that since the day way before we invaded Afghanistan. Bush played right into Osama's hands. Even though I didn't march, I was one of those millions of people who were saying don't do it and I think I was right. Overthrowing the Taliban, as awful as they were, didn't do a blessed thing for our national security. It turned Afghanistan back into a narco-state which funded the resurgence of AQ and allied them with the Taliban, where before they were competitors. A resurgence that is becoming harder to deny with every passing day.

For probably the first time in his miserable life, Rove told the truth. It was bin Laden's idea for us to invade Iraq. It couldn't have been more perfect for his ends if he had ordered it himself. In fact, as the Xsociate notes, it's entirely possible he did.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger The Xsociate said...

Thanks for the mention!

8:09:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That was a great post X. So little makes me laugh these days.

9:35:00 AM  
Blogger The Xsociate said...

If you thought that one was funny, you should check out some of my past snarkoliciousness.

10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

X - you are king of snark. Next lifetime I want to be funny like that.

10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home