Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Olbermann to Bush -- sacrifice this!

Olbermann is always worth a read and this is a good bash at Bush in anticipation of the prez's expected call for sacrifice in order to "win" in Iraq in his upcoming speech. Worth reading in full certainly, but here's the money quote.
Our policy in Iraq has been criticized for being indescribable, for being inscrutable, for being ineffable.

But it is all too easily understood now.

First, we sent Americans to their deaths for your lie, Mr. Bush.

Now we are sending them to their deaths for your ego.
I might add to that - enough is enough Mr. Bush. Either you're with us, or get out of the way. Resign and let the American people reclaim sovereignty over our country so we may begin to repair the damage you've caused.
Bookmark and Share

14 Comments:

Blogger Nyc LabretÅ¡ said...

Here's this week's episode of.....

Axiomatic Truths Of The Universe Theater:

"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets their wings."

"Every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten."

And, of course, the most immutable, axiomatic TRUTH of them ALL:

Every time George W. Bush utters the word

"Sacrifice"

another American will

DIE.

12:30:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Alberts. I love the theater? Btw, didn't we meet once on Mott Street?

1:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ot-
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53590

buchanan is on point on interventionism and our future

1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Sorry Lester. I don't read stuff about crazy people. Buchanan makes me gag.

4:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you like jim webb?

4:42:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Lester, Webb doesn't hear voices in his head. Buchanan claims to be talking to God. I'm not saying Pat never comes up with a sane thought, it's just that he's completely crazy and I don't like to encourage him but increasing his traffic.

5:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're confusing him with Pat Robertson

2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh yikes Lester, how wmbarrassing. I was confusing the two. I'm back on the work rotation after a long break. It takes a couple of days to get used to no sleep again.

2:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you a go go dancer or something?

3:02:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Lester - no, I would functioning much better if I worked nights. The problem is I'm a night owl and I have to get up before dawn when I'm on the work rotation. Even if I get almost 8 hours of sleep, waking up that early throws my brain off.

I can't say what I do out of deference to my employers but it's related to the medical field.

3:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a glacialogist

3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Are you really Lester? Spend a lot of time in the arctic?

9:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am lying

1:46:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Lester. I suspected you were but I rather liked the vision of you posting from an igloo...

3:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home