Friday, January 05, 2007

DC on Drugs

It's been a hell of a couple of days here. After a horrendous evening yesterday, I had a flat out schedule today. It's 9:00 and I haven't even read the news yet. But I did want to mention this item from the other day briefly. I wasn't that interested in this story about Obama admitting he smoked pot and used cocaine as a youth. I mean, big whoop. Who didn't? Personally I consider it a plus that he admitted it but I don't hold any great hope he's going to become a champion of drug policy reform. And why it was on page one is beyond me.

I wasn't going to blog about it until I stumbled across this delicious item.
As political media buzzed about whether or not Senator Barack Obama's admission eleven years ago that he used cocaine as a teenager would hurt his political prospects, Fox News ran a segment on "Obama's Cocaine Confession." Their conversation took an unusual turn, however, when Fox reporter Kirian Chetry said President Bush had also admitted to using cocaine.

Obama "talks very candidly, as did our current president, who admitted to using cocaine, correct?
[Others demur] Well, who wrote, somebody wrote in a book -- well, he admitted that he had an alcoholic, he had a drinking problem. Who was it who said they witnessed him using cocaine? It was somebody who wrote a book..."

As her colleagues tried to talk her down from the line of discussion, Chetry responded, "Okay, okay, fine, but there were questions about the current president and whether he used cocaine or not as a young guy, but there's something about turning your life around...that people can accept."
A clip of the exchange is available for viewing at the link to the orginal Raw Story post. High caliber political reporter there. I don't know who this person is but I'll bet poor ole Kirian got called on the carpet for that one.
Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it must be said, she is beautiful, as are alot of the bimbos on FOX. especially Molly Henneberg!

12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I had a feeling she was eye candy for Fox. She's blonde I assume.

9:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kieran's a brunette. Molly is an artists rendering of the girl next door circa 1955

10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Well I guess that's why Faux news keeps some if its viewers. It certainly can't be for the quality of their coverage.

10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are actually kind of one half of a pretty good news network. If they covered the GOP the way they covered democrats, with an insanely powerful microscope, they would be watchable

11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I can't watch them. They give me a headache, but then again, I can't watch any of the so called news stations. It's all infotainment now. You can't trust any of them since media consolidation put profits ahead of journalism.

12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Tits McGee said...

HA ha! I saw that, too!

Too damn funny.

8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Tits. It was funny wasn't it?

8:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home