Thursday, December 07, 2006

Accountability makes me happy

This has got to be the video clip of the day. Bush admits "it's bad in Iraq". He asks if that helps? I'd say not really, but it's good to see him forced to admit it.

Meanwhile, Firedog Lake is looking forward to January when Henry Waxman will wield the power of the subpoena that the Republicans enacted in order to blungeon Clinton with legal paper. Waxman is a bull dog, fond of pointing out the "House took 140 hours of sworn testimony to get to the bottom of whether Clinton had misused the White House Christmas-card list for political purposes, but only 12 hours on prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib."

And under the heading, "payback is a bitch," this is even more heartening.
Iraq will get new attention with Waxman in power. This week he plans to send a letter to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld demanding information on Halliburton's $16 billion contract to provide services to troops there. Waxman's staff has been poring over the fine print of that deal for more than two years, and is convinced that much of the money is slipping between layer upon layer of subcontractors.
So to answer Christy's question, although I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high -- yeah, I'm looking forward to January.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Senator Waxman! Personally, I'm tickled that Barbara Boxer, my favorite pit-bull, is about to take over the Senate Environment (right name?) Committee. Time to go after them thar polluters!

8:50:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I hope so Kvatch because I have a link I didn't get to yesterday that says the GOP are going to try to change the regs on lead in gasoline before they skulk out of power.

9:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't believe it - check out Bush's face. HAHAHAHA!

There must be something very funny about the picture or my laughing threshold suddenly plunged.

1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Romunov. That's a classic photo from when he was on a state trip to Japan I think and tried to run away from reporters at the press conference but went to a locked door instead of the exit.

4:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home