Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fan mail

My critics in the comment section of the Detroit News have become so wordy and have taken to debating each other rather than comment on the posts. Since my schedule has been so brutal this month, I have to admit that I haven't read every single one, as I usually do. But this one caught my eye this morning.
Comments: Norm said this: "Jim, I have been sitting here thinking"! WELL THAT'S A START! I'm Glad you and JB can bash Libby and constantly say, how'd you put it, oh "I understand the concept of loving a man that much is hard for you, but try and see it her way." and the "I was speaking of poor Libby's failure to keep at least one husband, or several boyfriends happy. Maybe it's her dislike of men that drove her comments." Nice Norm! So explain the concept of "loving a man" to us Norm, since Libby apparently doesn't know. You talk about a hypocrite....your two IQ's put together wouldn't add up to Libby's. Sorry I angered you so and made you post a flurry of Liberal bashing posts. You guys are the type who love to bash women like Libby, who can handle your sophmoric insults, but cower to men.
My failure to keep at least one husband, or several boyfriends happy? What the hell is that supposed to mean and what does my miserable excuse for a love life have to do with politics? And who says it's my job to keep anybody happy? I find the whole mindset very revealing.

No wonder these guys feel such a kinship with Bush. They all secretly fear strong women and want to put us in our place, which they apparently believe is at home, with our mouths shut -- taking care of them.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I think you're right when you say they fear strong women. Why do they have that fear? Because strong women can see through the BS of men like them and won't have anything to do with them.

Also, did you ever notice how men assume women can't hold onto men when relationships fail? Maybe that has something to do with the fact that there are a lot of abusive, cheating, or otherwise unsuitable men out there.

I apologize in advance to any men reading this. I'm not lumping you all together, just the ones that make the rest of you look bad - and there are a lot of you.

12:16:00 PM  
Blogger No Blood for Hubris said...

Word.

Some Reichwingers really do long to return to them good ol' chattel days . . . when men were men . . . and women weren't taught the alphabet at all . . . presumably so they couldn't make out the big fat "L" on hubby's forehead . . .

5:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're such neanderthals. Chattel was the word that came to my mind as well. These guys want the old system of female deference back because they don't feel enough like real men.

6:55:00 PM  
Blogger No Blood for Hubris said...

Which is a problem.

2:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home