Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Funny

Funny as in odd. Crooks and Liars has video of our president's press conference where he introduced Alito. Watch it and tell me it's not weird that he has this odd look of concentration on his face like he's trying to to listen to the prompt and talk at the same time, and he's rolling right along with this great speechifying when all of sudden, he loses it and gets a different weird look on his face as if he's wondering where the prompt went. Then he finishes with these stuttering sort of half-assed comments about Alito's classiness. That wasn't in the script.

I think he was ad-libbing because either because his wire went out, or he blanked on the speech he memorized. Sure, everybody does that sometimes, but we're not president. Shouldn't he know what he wants to say about the most important appointment of his administration without being prompted?

Funny as in laugh out loud. Purgatopia's report on Dick Cheney's recent trip to the ER. I don't want to excerpt it so as not to ruin the punch lines. Trust me, you'll be glad you clicked over.

And while you're there check out his photo gallery of Gaudi's park in Barcelona. I love Gaudi and I've been to this one. It's one of my favorite parks in the world. Nice to be reminded of it.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger mikevotes said...

I read somebody else saying he looked drunk.

Mike

11:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that. Good photo as well. I actually dropped that link over at Heretik's house party last night.

8:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home