Saturday, December 03, 2005

We get mail

You never know what's going to set people off. Once a while, I'll take a more incendiary tone on a post just to get a debate going and it's usually ignored. Then I throw up the most offhand posts, like this or this and it generates all kinds of hate mail.

This from David in Warren, MI was a typical complaint.
...The main-stream-media, and middle level bloggers like Libby simply spin the news the way they see fit. Libby is definitely leaning more left. Repeating Democratic talking points does not make for good journalism or good blogging.
I have to laugh at that. I've been dissing the Dems since I got there. As far I can see, the Dems are in fact getting their talking points from the bloggers - not the other way around. Meanwhile, this was my favorite of the round.
From: george horn
City: sterling hts, mi USA
Subject: Weblog: Libby Spencer
Comments: grip on reality? you liberals haven't pulled 50% in a presidential election since 76...hows that for reality? keep believing your own bs and you can never change. thats your problem in a nutshell. [no pun intended although you are a nut]
Goddess help me, I do love puns. In any event, we live for the little victories that come along the way. Norm from Ecorse, a relatively new commenter, was one my fiercest critics but I'm getting through to him as evidenced by this closing remark in a comment.
Even Libby can see why some of us are willing to sacrifice for our country.
It may not seem like much, but it's the nicest thing he's ever said about me. It's these sort of tiny breakthroughs that keep me blogging.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home