Friday, December 02, 2005

Ingress and egress

It was a really long day with the tyke and I spent the afternoon playing with my new camera so I missed all the news until now. It appears I missed a lot.

Just off the top on the inbox, another ex-general says the only way to solve the Middle East crisis is to get the hell out of Baghdad.

Bush knew that ten Marines had died in Fallujah and didn't mention it while he touted the so called "good news" about the economy. That being that so many people have been unemployed for so long that they no longer qualify for compensation, so the unemployment numbers are down and they "created" a couple of hundred thousand jobs. I haven't seen any mention of what sector those positions were created in, but I have a feeling it will be in the just outside of part time minimum wage jobs. I mean look at this picture. This is the face of used car salesman who figures he just sold a lemon for a good price.

Bush is selling a house of cards if you can believe Alan Greenspan, and I do, especially now that he's retiring. Don't think it's not because he can't rest with what this adminstration is doing to the economy. Under another president, I think he would have stayed until they rolled his cold dead body out on a stretcher. Of all the defections of competent people under the Bush regime, his is the exit that disturbs me the most.
Greenspan warned, "If . . . the pernicious drift toward fiscal instability in the United States and elsewhere is not arrested and is compounded by a protectionist reversal of globalization, the adjustment process could be quite painful for the world economy."
If Greenspan is worried, so am I and should everyone be - although the apologists are already rolling with the "good" news. Ironically, if we continue on this course the crash will come and when it does, it will the Bush regime's hard core, blindly loyal, grass roots supporters who will be the first to find themselves out on the street.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home