Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bush called to serve - on jury

This is funny. John Kerry just admirably served on a jury and now Bush is called into service in McLennan County, Texas. He's apparently registered to vote in Crawford rather than DC, which makes sense since he spends most of his "working" time on vacation at The Ranch.
State District Judge Ralph Strother said he expects to get a response about the summons but doesn’t expect Bush to report for duty.
I don't know. As desperate as Bush is for distraction factors right about now, I could believe he'll insist on "serving his country." It would be a first.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger expatbrian said...

In case you missed it (it seems very little coverage was done on it) there is a huge story out today that you ought to read. See my post on Lies.

9:17:00 PM  
Blogger mikevotes said...

Yeah, I think this was two days ago, McClellan Press briefing:

Q Is this the first time the President would have received a summons since becoming President?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, I don't -- oh, since becoming President.

Q Yes.

MR. McCLELLAN: It's the first I can recall off the top of my head. I'd have to double check that, though.

Q Is he going to get Gonzales to get him off again?

Cut to this article:

Gonzales: Did He Help Bush Keep His DUI Quiet?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6857224/site/newsweek/

It alleges that Gonzales got Bush out of jury duty on a DUI case because he would have had to have revealed if he had any previous law problems regarding DUI.

I wish I knew who the questioner was at that press conference. I'd like to buy them a beer.

Mike

3:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home