Monday, October 10, 2005

Karl and Scottie up a tree

Think Progress tells us Rove's lawyer lied today, no surprise there but read the post and be sure to click the links. Today's press gaggle was priceless. Like this:
QUESTION: Yes, but I'm just wondering if there was a conversation between Karl Rove and the President, or if he just talked to you, and you're here at this --
McCLELLAN: He wasn't involved. The President knows he wasn't involved.

QUESTION: How does he know that?
McCLELLAN: The President knows.

QUESTION: What, is he clairvoyant? How does he know?
QUESTION: You spoke specifically -- you spoke to Rove specifically about this matter, correct?
McCLELLAN: I'm sorry?

QUESTION: You spoke to Rove specifically about this matter? You asked him whether or not he was the leaker, or --
McCLELLAN: I don't know what the relevance of getting into every private conversation, John -- is, John. I've made it very clear that it's simply not true.

QUESTION: Based on what?
QUESTION: Based on what?
QUESTION: What are you basing -- what are you --
McCLELLAN: Someone asked me if I had spoken with him, and I said, yes.

QUESTION: And you spoke with him about this issue?
QUESTION: Did you ask him, directly?
McCLELLAN: I have spoken with him, yes.
Poor Scottie. In the end he was forced to make a direct statement about Rove's guilt that one hopes will come back to haunt him.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home