Monday, October 10, 2005

Surveillance society

I'm working today so light posting until later. Here's something I've been meaning to post though, Why I don't have a cell phone. It's also why I don't want a GPS system in my car.

The government's surveillance powers under the Patriot Act are bad enough without giving them voluntary technological help and with Padilla effectively having destroyed due process, I don't think it's advisable for a political dissenter to be too trackable. They spy on Quakers you know.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know they spy on Quakers. Is that really true? Why?

9:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the ACLU turned up evidence that they were spying on Quakers, or more properly, Friends, when they received the FOIA documents on Patriot Act surveillance.

As to why, the Friends are one of the longest standing and most effective anti-war groups in the country.

10:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, now I understand. We can't have Friends undermining our government now, can we?

5:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home