Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Looking for a great job? (Updated)

Can you swim? Then this is really looks like the best job in the world. It pays a cool $150,000 for six months work to essentially be a tour guide/beach bum. As caretaker of Australia's Hamilton island your major duties are feeding turtles, watching whales and picking up the mail.
Applicants require no academic qualifications, but must possess good swimming skills and a love of snorkelling, scuba diving and other water sports, say tourism chiefs who want to raise the island's profile as a holiday destination. The caretaker will be required to produce a weekly online blog, photo diary and video updates of his or her time.

Interested parties can apply by submitting a 60-second video, outlining the reasons they deserve to be picked, to the website www.islandreefjob.com.

They also provide a three-bedroom house with "unbeatable" views, ringed by white sandy beaches. Damn. I wish I was a stronger swimmer. [h/t Capt. Fogg]

Update: Marcellina tells me the job site was crashed due to intense interest. They say it was receiving 2000 hits per second.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I would apply, but it sounds like too much work for me. Picking up the mail -- I mean really.

2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. Hell, I wish I was a stronger swimmer. It is a dream job for the right person.

2:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notice that they don't mention that the last two caretakers were eaten by a shark and killed by a box jellyfish.

9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Gromit. That did occur to me. I'm thinking of splitting the job with a partner who does the swimming while I feed the turtles and fetch the mail.

10:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home