Sunday, October 07, 2012

I want to just show you, what my politics are

My tweep Hudsonette posted this on the twitter today. It's one of my top five favorite songs of all time. Cream was one of the few groups I never saw in person back in the 60s, much to my regret. But I played the hell out the album. Think I wore it down till you could see through it.

This is from a concert in 2005. I usually avoid the return tours of the 60s groups. I want to remember them in their prime. And it makes me feel old to see them get old and trade on their former glory. But even though Jack Bruce lost a little vocal strength, this is a great reprise of the original. Certainly Clapton hasn't lost a bit of his musicality.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Mule Breath said...

Sunshine was the tune that had the most meaning for me. In 1968 I was living in Boulder when I scored some radio contest tickets to see Cream play over in Denver at the Family Dog. The girl I took got really wrapped up in that song... so much so that the two of us hitched down to Dallas to hear them play it again just a week later. The music hall in Dallas was way better acoustics than at the Dog, and no tobacco smoke.

Damn but those were the days.

10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

They seem like such gentler times in retrospect. Anything seemed possible. But probably it's selective memory. A lot of stuff was screwed up then too, so maybe I was just more idealistic.

10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home