Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Up for debate

I have to run around and deal with city hall today and I'll be out for a couple of hours at least. So here's some items that caught my eye.

Ezra has a post with some great talking points, Health Care Reform Simplified. Contact your Senators, Representatives and President Obama and tell them you want a public plan option before they saddle us with some kind of "reform" that makes everything worse.

Sadly, the terrorists win. The clinic of Dr. Tiller. who was murdered by a anti-choice zealot, will be closed for good. I fear this will inspire more nutcakes to violence.

Mad Kane pointed me to this great post by Dick Polman on the Republicans troubles.

Media Matters has a good read on the consequences of mainstream media hard right hate talk and the absurd notion that there is some moral equivalence to the left's anti-war rhetoric.

You know I hate polls, but this one has an interesting sidebar. When asked What comes to mind when you think of the Republican party, words like Unfavorable, No direction, Cater to the rich and Poor economic conditions came up.

And via watertiger, your daily squee, these charming black panther cubs. Every time I see something like this I feel like trying to get a job in a zoo.

Finally, on a different note, I caution you, if you value keeping down your breakfast, do not click this link. And if you do, make sure you know where your brain bleach is beforehand.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Funny how this Roeder guy is a classic terrorist, claims there are plots to kill more people and is being treated as though he has constitutional rights.

Where are the right wing zealots who advocate torture - even if only one life is saved?

Yes, the terrorists won - on 9/11 and on this one. They've torn the country apart, crippled our government and economy and they did it with a handful of men and a few thousand bucks.

What a country.

2:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Mad Kane said...

I just noticed that you're still linking to my long abandoned Notables blog. When you get a chance, could you please update it to my Political Madness blog? Thanks!
http://www.madkane.com/madness/

2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Fogg, it's truly sad how easy it was for them to get us to destroy ourselves.

Hey Mad. I thought I had fixed that link. I'll do it now.

7:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home