Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I want to just show you, what my politics are

Busy day. I'm crazed trying to figure out the big move across the state so I'm obviously off to late start today. Not much news anyway so here's the song in my head, Politician. One of my favorite cuts from an album that really changed my life.

Must be lonely being the only pig in Afghanistan, especially since the poor dear has been banished to solitary confinement.

I wouldn't normally link to meaningless photo ops like this but I thought the contrast between this footage and Bush's visit to the barbecue joint was striking. Obama and Biden go out for burgers and tater tots.

My old co-blogger at DetNews, Kevin, got a letter to the editor published there and makes a good point on unenumerated rights, even though they truncated his letter. [scroll to bottom] Speaking of DetNews, they brought in yet another sitting GOP Congressman today to the blog. I suppose I should feel flattered that they feel the need to overload the right wing side to balance me.

I really want a flying car, but probably not this one. It strikes me as on the level of a Maserati when a less flashy vehicle would make more sense for everyday driving.

Sadly, at least five people I know have lost cherished pets recently, but here's a lovely cat story that I hope cheers them up.

And having become hooked on the Facebook, I found this hilarious. 25 things about me. [h/t Jules Siegel]

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

If the world of tomorrow includes flying cars, I'm outta here. If 1% of the blind, stupid, reckless, uncoordinated and deliberately untrained idiots on the roads take to the air, it will be raining blood and guts 24 hours a day.

People who propose these things don't seem to consider what an air traffic control system for 50 million unqualified pilots doing 375MPH might require even when visibility is perfect.

Just insane!

1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That's why I don't want that particular car Fogg. But I did post a link ages ago at LOS to a low flying hovercraft sort of thing that only goes about 30mph that looked very cool. I should try to find it I suppose but the search function on that old blog doesn't work so well because I refused to change the template for fear of losing all the old posts.

5:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home