Thursday, February 12, 2009

Progressive Voices

I'm hearing a lot of buzz about MSNBC wanting to add another liberal progressive host for a new program in the 10:00pm time slot. Sam Seder would like the job and a lot of us would like him to get it. If you're a Facebook person, you can find out how to help here.

In other news, I see Ben Smith is trying to stir up some dissent over Social Security reforms that the Obama administration may or may not be considering. I'm as concerned as the next leftie about it, but I'm still optimistic enough to think Obama's troubling embrace of right wing framing in his rhetoric doesn't necessarily mean he's going to embrace the same 'reforms' that Bush did.

However, if it turns out my optimism is misplaced, then to paraphase Atrios, I'll be on the front lines, lending my voice to a legendary roar of dissent.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home