Thursday, January 08, 2009

Weblog awards

Long time readers will remember that in 06 I was a finalist for these awards and at the end got into the politicking for votes. It was fun once, but I've lost interest in it since so I haven't paid much attention this year. However our friend Jon Swift is in the running again and is looking to drum up some votes for himself and his endorsed candidates. I'd urge you to go over there and scroll down to bottom of his post for the links and vote. He's made good choices including our cherished pal Avedon at The Sideshow.

For those of you unfamiliar with the awards, it's basically a right wing website that invented the contest to drum up links for itself. The thing about these awards is that it allows multiple voting, meaning you can vote once a day over the course of a couple weeks or so. And although they've since become more open to left wing entries, even inventing liberal categories, the whole thing is basically a promotion for right wing blogs who take the contest very seriously and motivate their fans to freep the vote. So essentially the award doesn't really indicate the quality of the blogging, but rather the enthusiasm of the blog's followers.

Nonetheless, the contest closes on the 12th and although the liberals rarely, if ever, win in a mixed category, I like to see them make a good showing at least. I'd also make a special pitch for my co-blogger at the Reaction and ask you to click here and vote for Simply Left Behind. I have a few mixed feelings about pushing this since Connecting the Dots is also on the list and he's a blogger I like and have blogrolled but I guess this time, I'm going to put friendship over fairness. Vote for Carl, more than once if you can remember.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home