Wednesday, March 05, 2008

When the spin stinks

By Libby

As I mull over my reaction to the latest twist on the campaign trail, I find myself thinking about my old friend Acidman. Rob's style of blogging, as he described it himself when he was alive, was to throw up a bunch of shit and see what sticks. I see a lot of similarities between that approach and Hillary's latest tactics that Steve Benen politely terms kitchen sink attacks. He comes up with a long list from just the last couple of weeks.

Both were ultimately successful but for different reasons. Rob was probably the most painfully honest blogger I've ever known. He threw his own shit on the wall and didn't pretend it didn't stink. Hillary on the other hand, seems to me, is scooping her ammo out of random toilets and is flinging it so wildly that we all end up slimed while she pretends her bathroom always smells like roses. In the end, it's not that she went negative that bothers me. It's that she used the GOP's shit to smear a fellow party member.

If she has some real provable dirt on Obama, I'm the first one that wants to know it. I still have to vote and it looks like even my vote in May will matter. But if her formula for change is to reach deep into the GOP's cesspool of rumors and innuendos in order to win -- well -- that's just not the solution I'm looking for. That's exactly the kind of shit I'm hoping will get flushed out of the process this time around.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ot- http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=234942058


disturbing trend. is carbon to blame?

2:45:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks for the link Lester.

11:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home