Thursday, February 07, 2008

Conservatives seek comity at CPAC

By Libby

Big doings at the annual neo-con convention. After last year's embarassing display of uncouth commentary, Coulter wasn't invited to speak this year, although I hear she'll be hosted at some private function later in the day. The entertainment thus is left up to the presidential candidates who kept their must make date with the true believers of the GOP fringe.

Romney came out of the gate with a shocker. He's 'suspending' his campaign to save America from Democrats, or something. He doesn't want anyone to pull a Nader and blame him when the GOP lose the White House in November.
Frankly, in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."

Romney added, "If this were only about me, I can go on. But its never been only about me. I entered this race... because I love America, and because I love America, in this time of war, I feel I now have to stand aside, for our party and for our country."
Gotta give those GOPers some credit for consistency. At a time when the majority of America has soured on the whole neo-con nightmare, they found their niche and they're sticking with the false politics of unfounded fear.

Meanwhile, McCain is to address the crowd he ususally snubs this afternoon. Word has it organizers are begging the paying participants not to boo him off the stage. I wish I was able to watch that speech. Considering the usual suspects at this gig are the same ones who have screaming and tearing their hair over the prospect of McCain carrying their banner, it will interesting to see how well the hate first, ask questions later crowd that makes up most of the audience takes that direction. I think maybe they won't be so easily dissuaded from expressing their -- um -- concerns.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hopefully it'll be on c span. his mother is hilarious and he pushed strongly for the 9/11 commision. t hat's as far as I've gotten in my mcain appreciation class.

2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I think the best thing about McCain is that Ann hates him so much. I would vote for him if that meant she would turn into a bat and fly away.

5:46:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I have no access to media during the day when I'm working. I hope there's Youtubes later.

Fogg, LOL. I'd almost vote for him myself if that would happen.

7:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if joe lieberman is Mcains VP I will also campaign for hillary. seriously

10:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/019247.html

Ron knocked it out of the park at CPAC. I've never seen him like this. he had the energy of a man half his age.

11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Lester, if Joe Lieberman is allowed to be anything in the race, I'm seriously going to think about leaving the country.

Meanwhile, I see RP has kind of conceded today. Too bad.

12:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah. I 'm sure you're real broken up about it

10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Well I'm not heartbroken Lester and I am sorry to see him drop out. Of course the latest I've seen since then says he's still in and is just going to ramp down the campaign a little. I see he got 11% somewhere in the last few contests. I forget which one at the moment.

2:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen a bunch of stories about him recently. lot of good that does him NOW. NPR did a whole thing about how stupid the media was for not covering him. as if they are part of some different group.

He has a book coming out soon, which we of the faith did a bookbomb for, so hopefully we'll get the synergy we didn't get in the campaign itself. that's what the campaign is about anyway, ways to save money for people by taking it out of the beaurocracy, not ron Paul himself who is old and has baggage.

9:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home