Friday, January 11, 2008

Miracle in Baghdad

By Libby

Okay, it's not exactly the same as say, peace breaking out all over, but there's something really cheering about watching snow fall. Even in northern climes where winter gets old quickly, the beauty of the fresh snow brings a smile to most people's lips. But the wonderment is especially great in a place where it never happens -- like Baghdad.
Talib Haider, a 19-year-old college student, said "a friend of mine called me at 8 a.m. to wake me up and tell me that the sky is raining snow."

"I rushed quickly to the balcony to see a very beautiful scene," he said. "I tried to film it with my cell phone camera. This scene has really brought me joy. I called my other friends and the morning turned to be a very happy one in my life."

If the adults feel that excited, just imagine the delight of the children making their first snowball. Of the all the cheering news that has come out of Iraq lately, this act of nature beats all the manmade events by a mile.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home