Friday, January 11, 2008

Living in interesting times

By Libby

Well after a year of mindnumbing, media soundbite driven campaigning that had driven me into near fatal ennui, I'm now loving every confounding, conventional wisdom exploding moment of this primary season. I don't know about you but I didn't think I'd ever see the day when the candidates would be campaigning door to door in Nevada. Heck, I don't remember the last time anyone even mentioned Nevada during election season.

I love seeing the pundits proven wrong and the confusion of consultants who are watching the rules of engagement being rewritten by the voters before their very eyes and I especially love how engaged the voters are becoming in the process. I just hope the enthusiasm lasts into November. The best defense democracy has is an informed and aware electorate.

There's an old curse about living in interesting times but at this point, the interesting part feels like more of a blessing to me.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Swampcracker said...

Only rats and roaches with outlast the pun-ditzes.

11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL SC.

8:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home