Friday, December 07, 2007

A voice of sanity on Iraq

By Libby

I don't remember where I picked this one up but it's an old quote that reminds me there are still some sane people in postions of some power that are trying to save us from yet another Mid-East folly.

'A source who met privately with Fallon around the time of his confirmation hearing and who insists on anonymity quoted Fallon as saying that an attack on Iran "will not happen on my watch". Asked how he could be sure, the source says, Fallon replied, "You know what choices I have. I'm a professional." Fallon said that he was not alone, according to the source, adding, "There are several of us trying to put the crazies back in the box." '

I'm not really a religious person, but I am hoping and praying that they succeed.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

I wouldn't trust him, Libby. His resume shows he's a Bushista insider and toady, a go to Gonzo/Meiers functionary. He was the one they used to smooth over that sub vs. Japanese trawler some years back. He was chief spokesflack when the US was bombing the hell out of Vieques Island. And we' must, must remember he's the first naval Centcom commander, the perfect guy to be in charge of naval bombing sortes over Iran because that's his history and that's how Iran will be pummeled, from ships and Diego Garcia.

8:36:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm sorry to hear that Nolo. But thanks for the tip.

9:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home