Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Media bytes - 2,000 Light Years from Home Edition

Song in my head. Worth watching the vid even though the sound is awful. It's funny to see the band so young and unravaged by time.

These have been piling up so I have a lot, many come from Avedon, including this stunning folly. The 'Temples of Damanhur. Just incredible.

So are these staircases.

And who knew nerd boys could dance? I was mesmerized.

I haven't had time to watch this yet, but let me know if you do. Zeitgeist the movie.

Avedon also comes through with her annual collection of on-line advent calendars. The Rocket Society, the Tate and Retrospec are my favorites here. And I really like Bengal cat calendar.

Radley has been posting tons of fun links lately too. I loved this quirky photo gallery.

This dog story was pretty amazing. And so was the attack of the killer jellyfish but in a different way.

Meanwhile, via C&L, Tom Tomorrow translates BillO's book for kids.

There is clearly a gap in my cartoon knowledge. I don't remember this series at all.

And I think I picked these up at Buzzflash. The scene Michael Moore cut from his movie because no one would believe it.

And a silly interview with Elizabeth Kucinich. She handled those rednecks perfectly.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Swampcracker said...

Libby, this may be worth a post in the not too distant future. From Richard “The Churl” Perle:

International lawyers and anti-war campaigners reacted with astonishment yesterday after the influential Pentagon hawk Richard Perle conceded that the invasion of Iraq had been illegal.

Couple this with Rove’s recent statement about shifting blame to the Democrats for going to war with Iraq too soon.

Not to mention the recent Intelligence Estimate concerning Iran’s nuclear weapons program …

And the fact that the peevish, petulant POTUS is stalling for time to pass the Iraq War to the next administration …

Yes, there is definitely an attempt to rewrite history before the next election. Worth putting under a microscope before the brown shirts get away with this. Don’t you think?

12:27:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey SC. You got a link for that Perle quote?

9:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norway is missing one thing we have: a military industrial complex. Military spending is KILLING our country in many ways economical and political.

10:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, here's a nice inpenetrable article about inflation versus "inflation".

http://www.mises.org/story/2781


hey, now that iran crisis is more or less over might as well get to work on the dollar crisis, which will probably be just as bad

10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Libby, I looked at the date and this is older news than I thought (May 2007):

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/05/04/perle-lies/

Here is an interesting Rogues Gallery of Who They Are and What They Doing Now:

http://thinkprogress.org/the-architects-where-are-they-now/

About your aversion to Abhoretz (aka “The Pod”), please note that he is currently advising the Giuliani campaign and hardly out of the picture. And if Giuliani looses to Gomer Pyle (Huckabee), you can be sure the Pod will be worming his way into that camp too. So I advise tracking his movements as one would track an escaped convict.

10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

P.S. I'll continue to pass anything blogworthy to you on this subject.

11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I love links SC. I don't use them all because I get a lot of them on any given day and there's only so many I can blog, but I try to read them all.

6:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home